Summer is when we normally travel out of town with friends and family. It’s best to check our car prior to traveling to ensure the safety of our loved ones. Aside from brakes and engine, one should know the wheel alignment guide. Wheel alignment helps you drive safely and helps you save money by not wearing your tires too much while driving. This will help you drive smoothly on an off road and you’ll have that relaxing travel without feeling the vibration out of your suspensions. Wheel alignment does not literally mean adjusting the tires and wheels. It is actually the suspension that needs to be aligned. Some signs that you need a wheel alignment are smooth wear on either inside or outside shoulder of the tire which was caused by incorrect camber setting, excessive wear or tread blocks on tire due to incorrect caster setting and irregular tire tread wear which resulted from combination of two failed settings.
Transmissions use engine power for powering the movement of a vehicle. Any vehicle is unable to move if it does not have a transmission working in good condition. Transmissions are generally found suffering neglect in spite of this important fact that rebuilding or replacing transmissions can be costly auto repair services. Major transmission related problems can easily be avoided by simply following dealer or manufacturer service recommendations pointed out for transmission fluid change. By doing this, you will be able to avoid spending thousands of dollars on repairs.
Major Symptoms of Transmission Problem
It is always very important to remain aware of the early symptoms of transmission problems. You can go for minor and budget-friendly repairs if you intervene early with the problems of your car’s transmission. Your vehicle might have to suffer mechanical failures if you delay the maintenance of your transmission and even the vehicle on the whole. If the transmission is not maintained properly and the Transmission Fluid Change procedure is not carried out on a regular basis, it can shut down the engine of the vehicle completely. This is one problem that can be solved through transmission rebuilding or transmission replacement which is always a costly affair. Therefore, it is very important for you to get your vehicle inspected at the very first hint of transmission problem. Some early symptoms of your transmission problem that require transmission fluid change are as follows:
• The transmission trips between the gears whilst driving. It even goes off into neutral.
• Clunking, humming and grinding sounds from the vehicle engine. This goes special for the vehicle when the vehicle is in neutral mode.
• Burnt-smelling and dark transmission fluid.
• The clutch remains engaged and even grinds when it is shifted. This phenomenon is also known as clutch dragging.
• Lags or delays during gear changes.
• Grinding or thumping between gear changes in place of smooth transitions.
• RPMs for gear or speed change are found to be higher than normal.
• Shifting out of park is delayed.
• It takes more than one second to engage is reverse or drive gear.
Rebuilding a Faulty Transmission
If the transmission of your vehicle has some major problems and fails completely then the best solution for this problem would be rebuilding the transmission entirely. You can even go for procedures like making certain small repairs or replacing the transmission which would help in resolving the problem in the best way possible. However, it is to be noted that rebuilding a transmission is a labor intensive and a lengthy process. Therefore, before starting with the procedure of rebuilding the transmission, you can check for other easier solutions and they are as follows:
• Transmission fluid change
• Checking the computer system of the car that helps in controlling automatic shifting.
• Replacing the sensors if required.
If these easier solutions do not work for the transmission then replacing or rebuilding the transmission come as the only available alternatives.
- Wheel Alignment Guide for Travellers
- Infographic – How to repair your Car
- Go for a Transmission Fluid Change if your Transmission is in Problem